Seven-Layer Mexi Dip
- 1 (8 oz.) container of fat-free cream cheese (you can leave this out completely if you want to save calories!)
- 1 (16 oz.) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 c. fat-free Greek yogurt (I use Fage 0%)
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning of choice
- 1 medium-sized firm tomato
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 c. cauliflower, grated into crumbles like cheese
- 1 soft avocado
- dash of salt
- On a medium plate, spread cream cheese over the entire bottom (you can leave out the cream cheese if desired.)
- Spread the entire can of refried beans over the cream cheese, but leave some of the cream cheese showing so you can see the layers.
- In a separate bowl, take taco seasoning and mix into the fat-free yogurt until smooth.
- Now you can take the taco yogurt mixture and spread over the bean layer.
- Chop green onions, avocado and tomato, and sprinkle on top.
- Finally, using a cheese grater, grate your cauliflower, and sprinkle on top like cheese.
- Sprinkle salt over the top if desired.
NOTES and TIPS
If you want a more mild flavor, instead of using Greek yogurt, try taking 1 c. of 1% cottage cheese and blend the taco seasoning in a blender until smooth. Or instead of using cream cheese on the bottom layer, try using 1 c. cottage cheese (blended).
Try serving with carrots, celery, endive or baked chips! I tried organic pita and toasted in a frying pan until crunchy.