- 5 Egg Whites
- 1 Egg
- ¼ C Lowfat Buttermilk
- ½ C Fat Free Cottage Cheese
- 1 C Lowfat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 6 oz (11 slices) Turkey Bacon Diced
- ½ C Diced Sweet Onion
- 1 C Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- ½ tsp Olive Oil
- ¾ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in fry pan.
- Add diced turkey bacon and cook on medium high until almost crisp.
- Add diced onions and sauté until onions are opaque.
- Cool. Beat egg whites, egg, buttermilk, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and nutmeg in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, turkey bacon, onion, and bread crumbs to egg mixture. Salt and pepper to taste and mix all ingredients well.
- Spray mini muffin pan with olive oil spray.
- Fill muffin cups to top, sprinkle lightly with Paprika, and bake in 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove muffins from pan and let stand for 10 minutes.
These Biscuits/Muffins freeze well. Just pop in microwave on 6 power for 2 minutes if frozen or 1 minute if thawed.
Make your own healthy bread crumbs by toasting your favorite whole wheat bread and then process in food processor to fine consistency. Three slices of bread equals approximately one cup of bread crumbs.