Cocoa Spiced Pecans
- 2½ cups raw pecans
- 1½ T. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 T. light or reduced-sugar maple syrup
- 1 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1 T. stevia or
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients (except pecans and cocoa powder) in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until well combined and add pecans to coat.
- Spread nuts in a single layer onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until fragrant.
- Cool on parchment paper.
- Put cocoa powder in a Ziploc bag and add cooled nuts to bag, and shake until they are lightly coated with cocoa powder.
- Store in an airtight container or serve right away!
Start typing and press enter to search