Episode 141: The ONE Variable That’s Keeping You From an EXCITING Life!
Subscribe to Earn Your Happy on iTunes.
Do you feel like you’re living every day like it’s Groundhog’s Day? You know, same thoughts, same people, same problems… Sounds like it’s time to switch things up and add some excitement back into your life. But to do that we need to bust through fears and try new things. Of course, we can’t do that without first changing our thoughts.
To set the tone for the day, I highly recommend waking up and instantly repeating a positive mantra – either out loud or in your head. I know, I know… sounds a little cheesy, but I assure you, it works.
Every morning my husband and I say the following:
“I am happier, healthier, wealthier and more fit than I was yesterday.”
But that’s only the beginning of the day! Do small things throughout the day that keep the positivity and excitement going. Bear in mind that it doesn’t have to be anything HUGE.
“Life and enjoyment of life is made up of the very simple pleasures.”
Here are a few different things you could do:
- Change your thoughts. Feel a negative thought creeping in? Stop it in its tracks with a more positive one. Be sure to do this throughout the day – not just in the morning.
- Try different things. Go to a new coffee shop, try a different workout etc.
- Ask different questions. Ask people BETTER questions: what’s good, new or exciting? What was your favorite part of today?
- Read a book. Know a friend with a nose for good books? Ask them for their list.
- Try different foods. Yes, please!
- Go to a movie.
This list could go on and on…
Also, be sure you’re expanding your network – both virtually and in person. Ask a new friend out for coffee or to meet at a new workout class. And since social media has a tendency to highlight more negative things, be sure use that “block” button freely and start following more uplifting people/pages. Personally, I know that I don’t want any seeds of negativity growing in my mind, because that’s exactly what my mind will hold on to. It is SO important for YOU to weed out any potentially negative vibes.
“You are the variable. You are the only one who can change your outcome.”
Doing the same thing will only ever get you (you guessed it) the SAME thing. And who wants that? Certainly not me and likely not you.
“If you want a different day, you’ve got to start with different thoughts in the morning.”
Now, go let those thoughts lead you to THE BEST day!
In This Episode You Will Hear About:
- The importance of experiencing new things
- Changing your thoughts