Episode 189: Busting Stereotypes with Plus-Size Model, TV Star and WWE Superstar Nia Jax
In the episode you will hear about:
• How Nia got her start in the WWE
• How she’s helped bust stereotypes
• The importance of taking action before you’re ready
• Why WWE is the perfect for Nia
• How the NO’s lead to your perfect fit
• What drives Nia to do what she does
• Women’s empowerment
• Being different and owning it
Any WWE fans out there? Regardless if you are or not, you’re going to love the conversation I had with WWE and Total Divas star, Nia Jax. As a plus-size model and TV star, she is busting body stereotypes left and right and wants other women to unapologetically own who they uniquely are, too.
Tune in to hear how Nia’s journey brought her to the WWE, what she had to overcome to get there and how she uses that platform now to empower other women.
Questions Asked in This Episode:
• When you were younger, was becoming a WWE star a dream of yours?
• Where did you have to go mentally in order to show up at your WWE tryout?
• What made you keep going?
• What would tell someone who is waiting for the perfect moment to do something?
• What is something that because of a no has made you stronger?
• What is something that you are extremely grateful for right now?
• Why do thinking it’s so important for women right now to use their voices and platforms?
• What is something you wish more people knew about you?
• What have you learned to embrace about yourself that before you wished was different?
• What are some boundaries you’ve had to set in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle and mindset?
“Don’t wait on your wait.”
“Right now I’m as good as I’m going to get today.”
“Women need to use their voice so they’re not settling for anything less than they deserve.”
There’s one thing that’s painfully clear when someone steps in the ring with Nia Jax: She’s not like most women.
The 6-foot-tall Jax has towered over other women for as long as she can recall. She was kicked out of activities like karate, kickboxing and judo as a child because someone always ended up getting hurt at her hands.
Though Jax eventually turned her attention toward the world of modeling, she still hungered for competition. A cousin of The Rock, she made her way to the WWE Performance Center where she learned to harness her aggression in the squared circle. She immediately blew away all other Superstars in terms of power, claiming all of the WWE Performance Center’s female lifting records.
Unsurprisingly, Jax has dominated her competition since her debut, squeezing the air out of her opponents with a crushing bear hug before viciously slamming them into the mat to earn the victory. She carried that power with her to Raw as a surprise selection in the 2016 WWE Brand Extension Draft and immediately established herself as a future power player in the Women’s division.
From day one, Jax claimed that greatness was her destiny. Her size and power may ensure that she reaches it sooner than anyone expects.