Episode 191: How to Grow Your Business by Growing Yourself with Andy Murphy
In the episode you will hear about:
• How Andy’s journey led him to neuro-linguistic programming (NLP)
• The power of intuition and how you can tune into it
• The importance of a-ha moments and perspective shifts
• Tapping into your “alter ego(s)”
• Building new brain pathways
• Why you shouldn’t feel the fear and do it anyway
• How NLP helps retrain your nervous system by designing your thoughts and belief systems
• How to develop instant rapport
• The connection between memories and feelings
• And so much more…
In case you don’t remember this tidbit about me, I love learning new things and I kind of geek out when a ton of scientific knowledge is dropped. And this is just one of the many reasons why I loved talked with entrepreneur, neuro-linguistic programming (NLP) expert and mind coach, Andy Murphy.
Originally from Liverpool, England (love his accent!), he made his way to Australia 15 years ago where he created an extremely successful real estate business and discovered NLP in a sales and marketing environment. Years later, after a business setback, Andy was looking for a new and completely different challenge and incorporated his knowledge and expertise in NLP into the world of coaching and consulting, and the rest, as they say, is history.
The timing of this conversation was impeccable and helped me tackle some recent obstacles I faced in regard to creating and speaking. Tune into learn what NLP actually is, how it can help retrain your thoughts and belief systems and help you in all areas of your life. Andy also gives us a sneak peek into some of his other favorite practices that help him live a life he loves (and how you can too). You don’t want to miss this knowledge-packed episode!
Questions Asked in This Episode:
• What does it feel like when you follow your intuition and how did you know that’s what you should do?
• How do we start to know that we have power within the moments of fear, panic etc.?
• What does it take to get someone unstuck? Why are we stuck and how can we move past the place that’s keeping us there?
• What is NLP and what are some practical ways you’ve seen it used?
• When someone is trying to win over an audience are there certain things one can do to connect with them more quickly?
• What are some of your favorite ways of using NLP in your life?
• Do you meditate or visualize? What does that look like?
• What are you most excited about right now?
“It’s not who you are, it’s where you are.”
“If you love what you do and you’re coming from your heart and your gut feels good, you’re winning.”
“Get rid of other peoples’ opinions and focus on your own growth, and I can promise that your life and business will match with where you’re at.”
“Know it so you can change it.”
Andy left Liverpool, England 15 years ago and traveled to Sydney Australia, where he discovered Neuro-Linguistic Programming in a sales and marketing environment. Breaking multiple sales records in investment real-estate and at the top of the business in Australia, he was head-hunted to New
At the age of only 26 he opened a company developing a project to build a 100 million dollar resort in the Fiji Islands. After marketing the company over in Dubai alongside multi-billion dollar developments the global real-estate industry began to slow down.
Wanting a new challenge, Andy changed his focus and took his knowledge and expertise of NLP into the world of consulting and coaching.
Andy now takes his skill and passion around the world. Such as the USA, Saudi Arabia, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia the list goes on, where clients seek him out for private consulting including entrepreneurs, world champion MMA stars, professional sports athletes, multi-millionaire business owners, TV and film producers, TV and stage actors, trauma survivors and even
Andy`s true passion is to use the most cutting-edge psychological tools blended with his own 21st century version of eastern philosophy to help global clients excel to their full potential. This passion is what drives him every day.