Episode 197: How to FREE YOURSELF from JUDGMENT with Gabby Bernstein
In the episode you will hear about:
• Why Gabby wrote Judgment Detox
• How the book is designed to help change your beliefs that hold you back with her six-step process
• Why judgment is the root cause of all of our problems
• Gabby’s definition of the “judgment cycle”
• What Gabby’s healing with her Judgment Detox process and what she’s still working on
• The wounds that lie beneath judgment
• The Emotion Freedom Technique (tapping)
• How Gabby writes to heal
• The importance of finding what makes you feel safe
• Making it a priority to hire help sooner than later
• Hiring people for their energy, not necessarily their experience
• The timing of pregnancy and babies
• And so much more…
Get her book at gabbybernstein.com/bookgift and receive her free 2-hour manifestation workshop by entering your receipt number.
Earn Your Happy Podcasts with Gabrielle Bernstein – ep. 38, ep. 66, ep. 143
The Bliss Project 2018
One of my favorite (and most frequent) guests, Gabby Bernstein is back, and I know you’re all just as thrilled as I am. We even joked that she should be a co-host (you never know, right?). Today we’re talking about judgment, and I personally couldn’t agree more with the importance of talking about this topic. Judgment is the root of so many problems and whether we’re judging others or ourselves, it’s so bad that we barely realize we’re doing it.
Believing that deep down we are all loving, kind and compassionate people, Gabby felt called to write her newest book, Judgment Detox, in an effort to explain how judgment separates us from our true nature and instead makes us feel guilty, which in turn makes us judge more, which again makes us feel guilty and so on – the judgment cycle.
Fortunately, she has a six-step process that is virtually guaranteed to help us all out and it could not come at a better time for the entire world. Don’t miss out on this enlightening episode as she gives us a few sneak peeks of the wisdom in her latest book as well as a look into her creative process, asking for help and her hopes for a baby in 2018. I can’t wait for you to hear (and share) this beautiful conversation with others!
Questions Asked in This Episode:
• Can you share why you wrote Judgment Detox and what it is?
• Was judgment something that kept coming up for you so much that you wrote the book?
• When there’s an addiction to something, what do you think it’s serving and how do we interrupt the pattern?
• What creative process do you use that honors the messages you write about?
• How do you set up each of your writing sessions, and what rituals do you do beforehand?
• How did you discover your writing strengths and weaknesses?
• What’s one of the biggest boundaries you’ve had to set up or reinforce?
• What does your self-talk look like when you walk away from stress?
• Have you missed out on anything from implementing this boundary?
• How do you enjoy the process when there are so many new opportunities coming your way?
• What advice would you give someone who’s ready to step out into their goals and dreams, but has fear around putting themselves out there?
• What has been one of the biggest things you’ve implemented in 2017 that has helped you the most?
• What is the best advice you feel you’ve ever gotten?
• What is your biggest hope for Judgment Detox?
“Judgment is such a huge separation from our spiritual connection and our alignment to a higher power.”
“When we judge we separate from love.”
“Witness your judgment without judgment.”
“I don’t believe in my judgment anymore.”
“I’m choosing to be happy rather than right.”
“Ask for what you want in 2018.”
“The more creative I am, the less space there is for judgment.”
“Change the way you look at things.”
Gabrielle Bernstein is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Universe Has Your Back, and has written five additional bestsellers. She was featured on Oprah’s SuperSoul Sunday as a “next-generation thought leader,” and The New York Times named her “a new role model.” She appears regularly as an expert on The Dr. Oz Show and co-hosted the Guinness World Record largest guided meditation with Deepak Chopra.
Gabby is the creator of the Miracle Membership, a first-of-its-kind monthly subscription that helps people stay committed to their spiritual practices. Her flagship course, Spirit Junkie Masterclass, empowers people to awaken their confidence and live their purpose.
Gabrielle has been on an international speaking circuit since 2004. She has presented lectures at Google, TEDxWomen, Oprah’s SuperSoul Sessions, The Chopra Center, The Omega Institute, L’Oréal, Philosophy and The Huffington Post, among many other notable organizations.
Gabrielle is a certified Kundalini yoga and meditation teacher. She is also trained in the Emotional Freedom Technique and she’s a student of Transcendental Meditation, as taught by the David Lynch Foundation.
YouTube chose Gabrielle as one of its 16 YouTube Next Video Bloggers. Mashable included her in its list of 11 Must-Follow Twitter Accounts for Inspiration. Forbes called her one of the 20 Best-Branded Women.
Gabrielle is a regular guest on The Dr. Oz Show and has contributed to or been featured in media outlets such as SuperSoul Sunday, Today, CNN, Home & Family, Fox & Friends, PBS, Kathie Lee and Hoda, Access Hollywood, OWN’s Help Desk, The New York Times Sunday Styles section, Teen Vogue, ELLE, InStyle, Marie Claire, Health, SELF, Women’s Health, Glamour, The Sunday Times UK, People, The Wall Street Journal, The Thrive Global podcast, Lewis Howes’ School of Greatness, Bulletproof Radio and many more. Gabrielle has also been on the covers of Experience Life and Self-Made magazines; the latter named her one of the top 50 women in business.
Gabrielle is on the steering committee for Philosophy’s Hope and Grace Initiative and a Lululemon Global Yoga Ambassador.
In January 2018 Gabrielle launches her sixth book, Judgment Detox, Release the beliefs that hold you back from living a better life.