Episode 201: Break the Habits That Are Holding You Back with Andrea Owen
In the episode you will hear about:
• Andrea’s short version of her life’s journey thus far
• How we use “armor” to protect us from shame
• The 14 habits that are holding us back
• Knowing your triggers and having self-awareness around them
• Listening to your intuition and what your soul is saying
• Surrendering to your emotions
• What holds women back
• The fear of failure and success
• Why it’s necessary to define what success is to the individual
• Why Andrea wrote her newest book and how it felt writing it
• And so much more…
How to Stop Feeling Like Shit: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back from Happiness
Available on all major online retailers and at yourkickasslife.com
Book Giveaway! On the Instagram post about this episode, comment and tell us what your biggest takeaway was from the episode. Winner will be picked at random and tagged to let them know.
Earn Your Happy Episode 122 with Andrea Owen
The Bliss Project 2018
Do you ever have those people in your life who you feel like you’ve known forever? Well, author and life coach, Andrea Owen, is one of them and she’s back to talk about her amazing new book, How to Stop Feeling Like Shit: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back from Happiness.
Always keeping it real with full transparency, Andrea covers a ton of mind-shifting topics including what habits she struggles with the most, fear of failure (and success), writing her second book and why she’s learned to surrender to all of her emotions.
If you’re a person who beats themselves up on the regular or struggles with perfectionism, people-pleasing, control, the idea of being strong, perfectionism, etc., this episode and her new book are the perfect tools to help you let some of that go and focus on your happiness and live a kick-ass life.
Questions Asked in This Episode:
• What’s been going on since your last podcast?
• Can you explain what same has to do with the habits that are holding people back?
• What are some of the habits you struggle with the most?
• How do we know when to stop with the healthy control and just let go?
• What was some feedback that you took to make something better? What came through for you after?
• What does it mean for someone to surrender in their day-to-day life?
• What are some of the main things that you hear coming up for women and why they’re not creating a life they’re excited to show up for?
• When do people know the success is worth it?
• How do you feel about the health of your relationships? Are you doing something to make sure your investing in them?
• Why this book now?
• What did it feel like writing your second book?
• What do you want people to know about this book? Who is it for?
“I trust myself enough to get through this.”
“We gain courage and confidence by walking into these risky, emotional and vulnerable spaces and sometimes failing.”
“The biggest leaps and bounds come from failure.”
“What if it’s really not that big of a deal?”
“When we pledge to do them, learning, serving and loving can be the most beautiful things you do.”
“Our happiness is measured by the health of our relationships.”
“Pay attention to what your soul is saying.”
Andrea Owen is an author, mentor, and certified life coach who helps high-achieving women let go of perfectionism, control, and isolation and choosing courage and confidence instead. She has helped thousands of women manage their inner-critic to create loving connections and live their most kick-ass life.
She is the proud author of 52 Ways to Live a Kick-Ass Life: BS Free Wisdom to Ignite Your Inner Badass and Live the Life You Deserve, (Adams Media/Simon & Schuster) and How To Stop Feeling Like Shit: 14 Habits That Are Holding You Back From Happiness (Seal Press/Hachette Books).
When she’s not juggling her full coaching practice or hosting retreats, Andrea is busy competing in triathlons, chasing her 10-year-old son and 8-year-old daughter or making out with her husband, Jason. She is also a retired roller derby player having skated under the name “Veronica Vain.”