Episode 239: How to Stop Blocking Yourself and Start Manifesting Your Dreams with Sarah Centrella
In the episode you will hear about:
• Where Sarah’s story started
• What moment marked the end of her life as she knew it
• When and how Sarah came to create her first vision board
• How Sarah brought her vision board to life
• Why we must focus on the life (not the things) we want
• The importance of linking feelings to the images on your vision boards
• Using Pinterest to find your vision board images
• Getting present and resetting when necessary
• Making your vision so clear that you never give up
• The 8 steps to create and manifest your dreams
• “Throwing spaghetti at the wall” to see what sticks/works
• Sarah’s book Hustle Believe Receive
• And so much more…
Have you ever had one of those conversations that happened right when you needed it? Well, let’s just say that my chat with today’s guest, Sarah Centrella, was divinely timed. I always say that my podcast was created so I could selfishly get advice for myself, and this episode delivered.
About 10 years ago, Sarah was a stay-at-home mom, married to her high school sweetheart with 3 kids. She thought she and her husband were building this picture-perfect life, but the market turned and she discovered her husband was cheating on her. It was in this moment, broke and divorced, that her life as she knew it changed.
As one could expect, Sarah was shell-shocked. But when the dust settled a bit, she came to the realization that she was in control and had the power to decide who she was going to be. An avid fan of Oprah (who isn’t?), she decided to try a vision board after seeing it on her show. Little did Sarah know that 1.5 years later, her vision board would come to life.
Realizing that it was no coincidence that her vision board and life matched, she created another and watched those things come to fruition as well. Seeing a trend, Sarah interviewed several people to hear their success stories and discovered that there were eight common steps – regardless of the highs and lows – between all of them.
Today, Sarah uses this 8-step plan to help everyone – whether it’s a live coaching appearance or in her book, Hustle Believe Receive – create and manifest the life of their dreams. She encourages action on a daily basis to keep moving that needle toward your end goal/vision.
I loved our talk so much as it’s a great reminder to myself that no one is perfect and we all question our path and struggle from time to time. If you’re frustrated with where you’re at with your dreams, be sure to listen to get an instant pick-me-up! Enjoy!
• Where did your story begin?
• What did the journey look like following that sliver of hope?
• How did you create your vision board, what were the tools around it and how did you use it?
• What made your vision board life happen?
• Do you do something daily to get into that mindset?
• Do you find that some people are afraid to dream or think bigger when it comes to vision boards?
• Can you share what the 8-Step manifestation process looks like?
• Where does step 6 (Do it – Hustle) come from?
• What is the “Live it” step about?
“I had to decide who I was going to be.”
“It can get better; it’s in my control.”
“I have always focused on experiences, not things.”
“If you don’t have a clear vision of where you want to go and if you’re not excited, at the very first obstacle you’ll say, ‘peace!’”
“The hustle is what you do on a daily basis.”
“Stop blocking and manifest.”
“There will always be a next level in your journey.”
“If you stop bitching, your life will change.”
Best-Selling Author | Master Coach Vision Board & Manifesting Expert Sarah Centrella is the author of the #1 best-selling self-help book Hustle Believe Receive An 8 Step Plan to Changing Your Life and Living Your Dream.
Centrella is known as the premier vision board expert and original Manifesting Gangsta! Her new book of the same title will be released in early 2019.
As a master life coach, she’s worked with professional athletes in the NBA and NFL, WAGS and thousands of people from around the world, helping them manifest their dreams.
She regularly delivers keynote speeches and leads workshops for clients such as: Pinterest, Nike, BMW, Xerox, Morgan Stanley, NBA Wives Association and she is a national spokesperson for the American Red Cross.
Sarah has been featured by ABC NEWS, The Steve Harvey Show, The New York Times, OK! Magazine, The Oregonian, Yahoo News, Good Morning America and many others.
Centrella is also a contributor for several major sites including: Elite Daily, Mindvalley, Thrive and Huffington Post.