Episode 247: Turning Negativity and Pain into Productivity and Purpose with Andy Frisella
In the episode you will hear about:
• Andy’s journey from a fat kid eating Dorito’s and not finishing anything to the success he is today
• The “zero option mentality”
• Getting uncomfortable to continue growing and evolving
• How Andy is driven by negativity/the dark side
• Being resourceful with your energies and motivators
• Transferring negativity and pain into productive things that help other people
• How Andy came back after being stabbed in the face and how it helped him connect and boost his business
• The Law of Attraction
• Looking for miracles
• Building a business around purpose vs. making money
• The Powerless Method (ep. 107 of The MFCEO Podcast)
• Eliminating the negative people who aren’t contributing positively in your life
• And so much more…
It is such a massive honor to have today’s guest, Andy Frisella, on the show today. He is such an inspiration to me and I encourage you to listen and hold onto each and every single raw and honest word he speaks.
As a successful entrepreneur in the sports supplementation industry as well as a wildly successful podcaster, Andy LOVES what he does every day because he’s changing people’s lives. But this wasn’t always the case. A once self-professed fat kid eating Dorito’s who never completed anything, Andy realized he needed to make a change ¬– even if that meant getting uncomfortable to do it.
Andy shares his journey with us and opens up to tell us how being stabbed radically changed his perspective on the world and how it also accidentally got him into business. Now he’s able to use his business and platform to make an impact and help others.
While you won’t hear Andy mincing words over any naysayers, you will hear him telling it like it is. If you’re looking for permission to do the same and also cut out the negativity in your life, look no further – Andy is walking permission to be REAL.
• What do you tell people whose backs aren’t against the wall… How do they get there?
• How does the Law of Attraction work for you?
• What do you do when you feeling like you’re going downhill (fear, doubt etc.)?
• Growing up, did you feel like there was more?
“Even though it feels good now, it’s not going to feel OK 10-15 years down the road.”
“Creating progress takes a conscious effort to be uncomfortable.”
“I store the negative stuff inside and turn it into productive action.”
“It’s not about having all the resources. It’s about being resourceful with what you have, and that includes your energies and motivations.”
“Almost everything can be turned into something good.”
“It’s not something we choose to happen, it’s something that’s happening to everybody – they’re just not realizing it.”
“If you want to be great at what you do, make a business built around a purpose vs. being built around making money.”
“Fill your boat with propellers – not anchors.”
One of the world’s leading authorities on customer loyalty and company culture, Andy is a proven expert at building both brick and mortar and online direct-to-consumer retail businesses from the ground up. He has made a career out of creating over the top customer experiences.
In addition to serving as CEO of 1st Phorm International, Andy founded and runs five other businesses; Supplement Superstores, Alpine Sports Products, Carbon Fire Nutrition, Paradise Distribution, and 44Seven Media.
Andy is also an author (for both adults and children), speaker, and the host of The MFCEO Project, a top-rated personal development and business podcast.