Episode 249: How to Achieve High Performance with Less Stress with Mastin Kipp
In the episode you will hear about:
• Different types of trauma
• Why emotional trauma work is so important
• Different defense mechanisms (mend & attend and withdrawal/evolutionary impulse)
• Why regulation is necessary and why you can’t self-regulate
• How trauma disrupts the building of tribes
• Channeling anxiety into high performance
• Being calm in the presence of threat
• Adaptive survival behavior
• How facial expressions, hand gestures and tone of voice impact marketing
• Mastin’s three primary modalities vital for stress-free high performance (functional medicine, energy medicine, and functional coaching)
• Why Mastin believes in events
• De-traumatizing through emotional experience
• Mastin’s “Claim Your Power Live” event
It’s always a good day when my friend, Mastin Kipp, is on the show because I always learn something – and our recent conversation was no different.
Today we’re talking about how trauma – of all kinds – can hinder the building of tribes (love that we both believe in the power of tribe) and how we can take the steps to build a life and business without anxiety. You know the saying, “your vibe attracts your tribe?” Well, Mastin and I discuss on how even your tone of voice, facial expressions and hand gestures can do the same.
Mastin is one of the most authentic, value-offering people I know because he loves his work and isn’t afraid to dive deep and get to the root causes that are often times emotional. I resonated with so many of things Mastin talked about and I can’t wait to hear what you think.
Be sure to check out what his amazing Claim Your Power Live event is all about in the resources section (special discount for my listeners)!
Questions Asked in This Episode:
• What does “trauma” mean to you?
• What happens when people isolate themselves?
• What are you having people do after they’ve pinpointed who they are?
• What are some of the tools you use as a high performer?
• And more!
“Name it, claim it, heal it and feel it – then you can start to rise.”
“There’s no such thing as bad behavior, it’s just adaptation behavior.”
“Environment trumps belief.”
“The issues are in our tissues.”
“Environment produces possibility.”
Mastin Kipp is an American entrepreneur, best-selling author, and renowned public speaker. Mastin is the creator of Functional Life Coaching™, an innovative, unique and accelerated approach to creating lasting personal and business change.
Mastin is recognized by coaching industry contemporaries and luminaries like Oprah Winfrey, Tony Robbins, Arianna Huffington, Caroline Myss, Marianne Williamson, Dr. Aviva Romm, M.D. (Yale Integrative Medicine) and Georgetown Professor Cal Newport as a thought leader in accelerated life transformations and personal development.
Mastin’s company, under his own name, is a successful international personal development company that helps people create rapid change, discover and connect to their life’s purpose, and live their lives to their fullest potential.
Mastin’s methodology, Functional Life Coaching™, differs from his peers and predecessors in that it focuses not just on rapid behavioral change, but uses a systems approach to efficiently identify and dissolve the root cause that is impeding optimal human progress and success.