Episode 253: The Three Biggest Traits of a Leader with Bedros Keuilian
In the episode you will hear about:
• Embracing the pain
• Why breakthroughs come when it’s uncomfortable
• Why Bedros runs toward pain and challenges
• What it was like when Bedros’ family escaped Armenia/Soviet Union
• The adaptability of the human psyche
• Why Bedros is so passionate about helping children-based charities and causes
• The “immigrant edge”
• How Bedros made it easier to open Fit Body Bootcamp fitness franchises
• The importance of feedback in terms of growth
• Bedros’ non-negotiables
• Bedros’ three biggest traits of a leader
• Riding the wave of fear
• Bedros’ million-dollar mistake
• And so much more…
I hold today’s guest, Bedros Keuilian, in such a high regard and I can’t wait for you to hear his incredible journey thus far. Having immigrated to the U.S. with his family at the young age of 6 from Armenia (Soviet Union), he learned early on that sometimes getting uncomfortable or experiencing pain is necessary to step into better things.
From living in a one-bedroom apartment with his family of five to dumpster diving, each family member contributed in some way so they could live a better life. But where many people would use the adversities he and his family faced as an excuse not to go after their dreams, Bedros made them his why and set out determined to help others.
Today as an author, speaker and business consultant, Bedros is able to share his unique wisdom with people through his business Fit Body Bootcamp, speaking engagements and his upcoming new book, Man Up. He emphasizes that we are all much stronger than we think and it’s up to us to get resourceful and “man up,” and become the person you’re meant to be.
This is an information-filled episode sure to inspire you to up-level your game and take action today! I can’t wait to hear your takeaways!
• What has brought you to what you’re doing now?
• Hearing your dad’s why, did it fuel or shift your why?
• What do you think is the difference between you, who takes a problem and runs with it, and those who sit in it and see it as their reason why they can’t?
• What is something you ask yourself to get a new answer?
• Is there a problem you’re excited to tackle?
• Do you still have to seek resistance to get stronger or does your life offer you enough?
• For you as a business person, how did you train that muscle to run straight toward difficult conversations?
• What are some of your non-negotiables?
• What do you tell people who say, “I don’t know how” or “I can’t?”
• What do you think are the three biggest traits of a leader?
• Do you think it’s important to have a target number with your goals?
“The more adversities I face, the better my life becomes when I get to the other side of that adversity.”
“If you have a reason why that’s big enough, when the pain and adversity comes, your reason why will pull you through.”
“There are plenty of problems, you just have to be the solution.”
“Any time there’s a big shift in your life, positive or negative, you’re going to have more problems. Who’s going to be the solution?”
“It’s time to human up.”
“Embrace the suck and grow.”
Bedros Keuilian is a best-selling author, speaker, and business consultant. He’s the founder and CEO of Fit Body Boot Camp, one of the nation’s fastest growing franchises and an investor in over a dozen companies ranging from software, digital ad agencies, and coaching and consulting services.
He’s known as the hidden genius that entrepreneurs, best-selling authors, and thought leaders turn to when they want to create high level mastermind and coaching programs and quickly scale their businesses.
His sales, marketing, and business systems are the secret weapon used by thousands of successful digital marketers and entrepreneurs who want to reach more high paying clients and customers without the use of unpredictable or sleazy marketing tactics.
An immigrant from a communist country turned hugely successful entrepreneur, Bedros uses the stage, TV, and social media platforms to share his personal Immigrant Edge and American Dream story to help inspire audiences worldwide to reach their fullest potential.