Episode 257: How to Make a Comeback with Tim Storey
In the episode you will hear about:
• What moved Tim to become a speaker and help heal others
• Why the recovery zone is the common denominator
• Staying in the moment during your discovery
• Going back to being curious and innocent again
• Changing the channel of what you’re thinking and how Tim shifts his channel
• Tuning into the right things at the right times
• Being with people who get you (your tribe)
• Why Tim still holds onto his 6th grade teacher’s standard
• Breathing life into others through speaking
• Why people oftentimes must go left before they go right
• What Tim did when he was served papers while he was speaking at an event
• Why your testimony is the most powerful thing you have
• The Law of Harvest
• Why we can’t look for results every day
• And so much more…
Today’s guest, Tim Storey, is someone I’ve wanted to have on Earn Your Happy since before it was officially a thing. So you can imagine that I was practically levitating from excitement (and let’s be honest, I still am) to chat with him. If you’ve never heard of Tim, you’re missing out because he’s a master at moving people into action and helping people turn setbacks into comebacks. Seriously, when Tim speaks his energy comes out of his pores!
Realizing early on he wanted to help heal others, in our conversation we talk about where it all began (picture seven people in a two-bedroom house) and how he credits his upbringing to helping him think big in small places. We touch on spending time with people who get you (your tribe) and why we all need to start paying attention and be an observer to all the discoveries around us.
You may want to listen to this episode twice (I know I’ll be listening again) just to take in each and every one of his wisdom-filled words. I can’t wait to hear your takeaways!
• How did you become a speaker?
• How can we enjoy the discovery while in the recovery zone?
• Do you still have slumps and dry spells?
• What are some of the key things that help you speak with full expression, and how did you get to that place?
• What made you hold onto what your 6th grade teacher told you and make it your north star? What made it stand out?
• For people who feel like they need to change to be something or they don’t feel like they’re ready for the “thing,” what would you tell them?
• Do we have to make an empowering reason as to why we’re in a “winter?”
• How do you know the distinction of when to share certain things with others?
• How does one not get intimidated by the thought of mastery, but instead be almost pulled by their message to mastery?
• How do people know when to go to the next level of work?
“Unlock your discovery just by paying attention and observing.”
“If you’re not careful, life will knock the curiosity out of you.”
“Feed your faith, starve your doubt.”
“What I say, I live.”
“Set to be settled to be seasoned to soar.”
“You are seasoned for a reason. “
“You can handle the left and right at the same time.”
“Not all things should be spoken…some things should be left behind.”
“Don’t get stuck in the result.”
Tim Storey is an acclaimed author, speaker and life coach, well known for inspiring and motivating people of all walks of life, from entertainment executives, celebrities and athletes to adults and children in the most deprived neighborhoods in the country. Tim has traveled to seventy-five countries and spoken to millions of people. He often meets privately to counsel high-profile leaders in various industries.
Tim Storey helps people create the future they desire. He has inspired people from all walks of life, from entertainment legends to professional athletes… from executives to deprived children in third world countries. Using seasoned foundational principles and humor to get honest with people so they can overcome the obstacles that are holding them back.