Episode 267:Ways to Attract Wealth Rather than Chase It with Patrice C. Washington
In the episode you will hear about:
• How Patrice’s recent trip to France impacted her
• How Patrice and her husband are merging their interests to work together
• Being driven by purpose
• The shift that happened in Patrice’s life after her and her husband lost their 7-figure business when the recession hit
• The difference between knowledge and wisdom
• Why Patrice initially started a blog
• How Patrice broke out of the box she (and others) had put herself in
• Why there’s more to money than budgets and credit reports
• Patrice’s 6 Pillars of Redefining Wealth (Fit, People, Space, Faith, Work and Money)
• Protecting the vessel needed to create the vision
• Creating relationships that matter
• The Redefining Wealth Podcast
Money doesn’t guarantee fulfillment and today’s guest, Patrice Washington, is hoping more women catch on. As an award-winning author, transformational speaker, hope-restoring coach, and media personality, she started her first 7-figure mortgage-broking business with her husband before graduating college. Their business was wildly successful until the recession crashed and they lost everything.
Picking herself up after this experience, she realized that she had a lot of knowledge but needed to seek more wisdom. She dug deep and knew it was more important to chase her purpose – not money. She discovered that life is about so much more – relationships, your well-being and your faith to name a few. Recognizing the power of this discovery, she created the 6 Pillars of Redefining Wealth, and now teaches others how they can tie each pillar back to producing wealth – and stay true to who they’re called to be.
I had such a great time talking with Patrice – she is such a down-to-earth, purpose-driven woman who relies on faith and her own unique calling to help others find theirs as well. I hope this episode empowers you to break free from any limiting beliefs that you have about yourself and helps you step into your highest purpose and calling.
• What were some things you took back from your recent trip to France?
• Does the thought of working with your husband again scare you?
• What is lighting you up right now in your life?
• What is something you would say to someone who’s ignoring a redefining moment?
• How do you trust? What do you rely on to push past fear?
• What are the 6 Pillars of Redefining Wealth?
• What’s something that helps build your faith foundation?
• What mindset do you keep through the dark times?
• What’s a message on your heart right now?
“The purpose that we’re being called into is greater than any pain that will come with it.”
“Create a lane where you can be all you.”
“I’m committed to the vision but not attached to how I get there.”
“If it was done before, it can be done again.”
“Everything can go bad with money, but if your mind is in the right place, you can always rebuild.”
“You know who you used to be, so before you allow someone to take you back there, give yourself time.”
“You can decide to not decide anything until you’re ready to decide.”
“Choose peace powerfully.”
Patrice Washington is an award-winning author, transformational speaker, hope-restoring coach, and media personality.
Patrice got her start as your favorite personal finance expert, “America’s Money Maven,” having tremendous success with her “mindset approach” to personal finance. She has since expanded her brand and mission, encouraging women to chase purpose, not money.
Patrice is committed to redefining the word “wealth,” using its original meaning, “well-being.” She encourages women to have “wealth” in all aspects of their lives by pursuing their purpose, being fulfilled, and earning more without ever chasing money. Through her teachings, Patrice empowers women to look at life through the lens of abundance and opportunity, instead of lack and scarcity.
As the founder of Redefining Wealth and The Earn More Money Movement for Women, Patrice has built a thriving community of high-achieving women committed to creating a powerful life vision – in their careers, home, health, and personal finances.