283: You Will Get Caught Being Yourself
In the episode you will hear about:
- Releasing expectations
- Being yourself
- Lori’s newest spoken word poem
- Round 2 of the book tour is taking place in November! Go to ATribeCalledBliss.com to find out the latest stops on Lori’s book tour!
- Go here for details: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/cruise-ships/ms-nieuw-statendam/oprah-caribbean-adventure-of-your-life.html
- A Tribe Called Bliss by Lori Harder – Now available at loriharder.com/amazon or ATribeCalledBliss.com
- Join me on the A Tribe Called Bliss Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571018952966750/
I have been on a major rollercoaster this year (an awesome, but scary one), and I think it is so vital that I share with all of you why stepping into and becoming the your highest self is the hardest thing you’ll ever do.
I’ve been tackling some really big things lately – lots of speaking gigs, book tour events etc., and not gonna lie, they’re all freaking me out. But here’s my trick to getting through them all – I’m letting go of any expectations I have around the outcomes.
“In order for me to work through fear, I have to fully accept anything and everything can happen.”
There is no ONE thing that is going to make or break my life. And as I navigate each any every new thing, I gain more and more clarity around being truly me. Full honesty, I feel the most alive and “myself” that I’ve ever felt. You see, there is zero room for being something that you’re not, because eventually you’re going to get caught being yourself. For me, that’s showing the side of me that loves to perform spoken word, sing (future podcast performance?), and swear. Parents, this may mean putting “earmuffs” on the kiddos now and again. Keep in mind, I’m not trying to purposely offend anyone – it’s just how I express myself on occasion.
For example, in this episode I’m sharing a 30-second excerpt of a new spoken word piece I’m working on…I drop the F-bomb once, but it’s because that was the word that moved me in the moment. It’s about being yourself with a bit of discernment for your audience, right?
So here’s to stepping into a new version of yourself! Who’s with me and how soon do you want to do it? Whenever that moment takes place, please let me know so I can cheer you on!