334: How to Find and Navigate The Relationships That Will Change Your Life with Olivia June
In the episode you will hear about:
- How Olivia and I connected
- Where the name, VINA, came from + why it was created
- How Hey! VINA works
- Standing up for herself
- The importance of human connection
- The obstacle that Olivia is currently facing
- Fears around loneliness
- Turning envy into admiration
- Seeking out specific friend groups
- Lady bragging + why it’s important
- The problems of privilege project that Olivia uses
- Olivia and I share our lady brags
If my message and book had a sister, she would absolutely be today’s guest! I am thrilled to share today’s episode with guest Olivia June, the founder and CEO of fried-finding app, Hey! VINA. Olivia is also the editor in chief of VINAZINE, and the brains behind LadyBrag.com, and her work has been featured in hundreds of popular media outlets. In her free time, Olivia volunteers as a mentor, empowering and inspiring young women in foster care. This episode will leave you feeling SO inspired and SO ready to connect with new people, I just can’t wait for you to give it a listen!
- What is the story behind VINA?
- What have you noticed in your life, through connection, how it’s affected this past year for you?
- What is your biggest obstacle, and how are you going at it?
- When you are looking for your life to go in a specific direction, do you seek out those types of people?
- What do you think are some of the top blocks for women when it comes to connecting with other women?
Olivia June is the founder + CEO of Hey! VINA, the friend-finding app for women that connects, celebrates, and empowers women by helping them build their tribe, one right swipe at a time!
Launched in 2016, Hey! VINA has connected millions of women in 158 countries and is backed by Greylock, Tinder and NEA. Often referred to as the “Tinder for (girl) friends,” Hey! VINA was named as a Best of 2017 by the App Store. Olivia is also the editor in chief of VINAZINE, a media outlet with stories and advice from and for women of the VINA community. In addition, she’s the brains behind the LadyBrag.com platform, which encourages women to share their accomplishments.
A little background on Olivia’s impressive career: She was the co-founder of the San Francisco wine events club, Ladies Who Vino, a community that’s connected thousands of professional women over a glass of wine, and she spent and she spent six years in leadership of SparkSF, the largest philanthropic network of millennials investing in grassroots women’s organizations. Prior to dedicating herself full-time to empowering women around the world, she led community development at RocketSpace, held a marketing leadership position at General Assembly, and worked on the first American Bitcoin exchange, Tradehill. In her free time, she volunteers as a mentor to young women in the foster care system.
Olivia and her work have been featured in hundreds of media outlets including, ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Wired, The Atlantic, The Guardian, Paper Magazine, Glamour, Marie Claire, The Tyra Show, The Doctors, Fox News, Fast Company, Grazia, The Guardian, Refinery 29, HerCampus, Thrive Global, Vice, and many more