373: Transform Your Fear, Shame and Past Into Purpose, Power and Paychecks with Amelia Travis
In the episode you will hear about:
- Amelia’s experience at The Bliss Project
- Rituals of taking pressure off of herself before stepping into a leadership role
- Leaving a toxic relationship and self-medicating to numb
- The altered messages that Amelia learned as a child
- Being in “sugar baby” relationships
- Hitting rock bottom and developing a relationship with God
- Pushing things away + being viscously defensive
- What integration means to Amelia
- Amelia’s money story that continued to show up
- What daily fear feels like and how Amelia is facing it
- Setting intentions and releasing from the outcome
I am SO excited for today’s episode because I sat down with Amelia Travis, a yoga teacher with over 500 hours of education, a writer, speaker, business coach, and the founder of Stoked Yogi. After breaking her back in a surfing accident, Amelia realized that life is too short to do anything but what you love – our dreams exist for a reason. Her daily mission is to love people and help them activate their highest potential. Amelia and I met at The Bliss Project, and I am so grateful that our paths crossed! This episode is sure to leave you feeling inspired to take action in your own life, and transform your negative script into one of pure passion.
- What do you do to take some pressure off before you lead?
- Why did you lean on crutches, like drugs, to numb yourself?
- What made you take a first step out of the numbing lifestyle?
- Does the theme of pushing things away still come up for you now?
- What kind of work are you doing around passing the tests of life?
- What does daily fear feel like for you?
Amelia Travis is an E-RYT 500, writer, speaker, and business coach. As the founder of Stoked Yogi, she’s impacted thousands of lives through yoga education programs, stand up paddle and surf experiences, and women’s empowerment retreats.
The journey to an empowered life was a long and winding road. Body dysmorphia, people pleasing and perfectionist tendencies led Amelia down the path of drug addiction, disordered eating, abusive relationships and a “sugar baby” lifestyle, and spiraled her into a rock bottom of a hundred thousand dollars in debt and a lost and broken heart.
In 2009, a spiritual awakening led Amelia to the realization that she was the only one standing in the way of becoming the woman she wanted to be. She decided to embrace messy, imperfect, unapologetic FEELING, and has since built and scaled a multi-six figure business, certified over 700 yoga teachers in stand up paddle board yoga and coached hundreds of women to personal and professional success.
Amelia’s writing has been published in Yoga Journal, Huffington Post, and the Inertia. She has also had the honor of sharing a message on mindset shift as a TEDx speaker. In 2012, after breaking her back in a surfing accident, Amelia realized that life is too short to do anything but what you love – our dreams exist for a reason. Her daily mission is to love people and help them activate their highest potential. She lives by her personal mantra: Set your intention, breathe it to life.