397: The Science of Spirituality with Anna Yusim
In the episode you will hear about:
- What scientific studies are revealing about spirituality
- How to find fulfillment
- Asking for guidance
- The power of surrender
- Using a God box to solve your problems
- Keeping your vibe high
- Finding your soul correction and soul contribution
Today my guest on the podcast is Anna Yusim. Anna is a nationally recognized psychiatrist, speaker and author with a private practice in New York City. After spending so much time studying and working with science, Anna felt there was something missing in her life so she set out to find it. She traveled, lived and worked in over 50 countries while studying Kabbalah, learning Buddhist meditation and working with South American shamans and Indian gurus. Her life goal for many years now has been to figure out how science and spirituality work hand in hand. And that’s ultimately what led her to write her book, Fulfilled: The Science of Spirituality and How it Can Help You Live a Happier, More Meaningful Life. In this episode she shares with us her fundamental truths around fulfillment.
Also learn about my Become Aligned course. The reason why my husband Chris and I created this course is because we get asked so many questions on how we started living the life that we live now, a life of happiness, of abundance, of really understanding that life is always full of problems every single day, but there’s always a solution. In the course we cover everything from mindset to the rituals that we do every single day. We talk about different energy sources, we talk about your purpose, what that actually means and how it’s always changing. We show you how to build a tribe to support where you’re going. And we talk about wealth, abundance, money, all of the good things, and how to sustain them.
- I want to know how science and spirituality work hand in hand. What is a really good starting place for people to start unpacking that?
- How does spirituality change your brainwaves?
- What is it about being fulfilled for you that made you want to write about this whole topic?
- What is your main false sense of fulfillment? And how did you figure out what was true for you?
- Is there something that you’re surrendering right now? And what exactly is the narrative in your brain when you are releasing or letting go of something or offering it up?
- What does living in your purpose mean? Can your purpose change? How do we know when it changes?
- What are the fundamental truths that you have found around fulfillment for you?
Dr. Anna Yusim is an award-winning, nationally recognized psychiatrist, speaker and author with a private practice in New York City. She is also a lecturer at Yale’s Psychiatry Department. After working as a neurobiology researcher with Dr. Robert Sapolsky Ph.D and completing studies at Stanford, Yale and NYU, Dr. Yusim felt that something was missing from her life. In her quest to find it, she traveled, lived and worked in over 50 countries while studying Kabbalah, learning Buddhist meditation and working with South American shamans and Indian gurus.