451: Your best life is happening parallel to the storms with Alex Banayan
In the episode you will hear about:
- Chris and Lori’s Become Aligned course
- How being an author in 2019 is really five jobs in one
- The third door to success
- Avoiding the comparison spiral
- Giving yourself permission to be mindfully angry
- Being a work in progress
- The lessons of betrayal
- Letting people show you who they are
Author of The Third Door Alex Banayan returns to the podcast to talk about what his life has been like since his book came out. In this conversation, we don’t just cover the positive aspects of his success. We also go deep into pain, betrayal and anger, and the lessons we can draw from them.
- How do you get your book out there once it’s written?
- What is one of the biggest lessons that you’ve extracted from pushing something out into the world that has been such a labor of love?
- How do you manage your mindset when things aren’t looking perfect?
- How do you deal with things that feel incomplete and are never going to feel right to you?
- How do you balance the desire to not offend and disappoint but also own who you are and where you’ve come from?
- How do you learn to walk away and know that you can’t fix a relationships?
Alex Banayan is the only nationally bestselling business author under 30 in America. His book The Third Door: The Wild Quest to Uncover How the World’s Most Successful People Launched Their Careers has been translated into more than a dozen languages. Over the course of his unprecedented seven-year journey, Banayan interviewed the most innovative leaders of the past half-century, including Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, Larry King, Maya Angelou, Steve Wozniak, Jane Goodall, Jessica Alba, Quincy Jones, and more.
The day before his freshman-year final exams Banayan hacked The Price is Right, won a sailboat, sold it, and used the money to fund his larger-than-life adventure. Since then, Banayan has been named to Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list, Business Insider’s Most Powerful People Under 30, and has been featured in major media, including The Washington Post, Fortune, CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News, and NBC News. An acclaimed keynote speaker, Banayan has presented the Third Door framework to business conferences and corporate leadership teams around the world, including Apple, Google, Nike, IBM, Snapchat, Salesforce and Disney.