512. The opposite of depression is purpose – with Cathy Heller
In the episode you will hear about:
- Cultivating radical empathy
- The importance of healthy attachment
- Being new at something after seeing success
- Figuring things out as you work
- Your audience is your past self
- Taking that first ugly, scary step
- Learn more: cathyheller.com
- Instagram: @cathy.heller
- Read: Don’t Keep Your Day Job: How to Turn Your Passion into Your Career
- Listen: dontkeepyourdayjob.com
Cathy Heller is the author of Don’t Keep Your Day Job, as well as the host of the massively popular podcast of the same name. She is a songwriter, singer, podcast host, author, and summit host. She is an all-around amazing, epic human being who wants to help people find their purpose. You are going to love this interview as she shares how to get over the fear of starting something new, getting over perfectionism, and the importance of empathy.
- What have you done to support people when they take a leap to the next level?
- Have you ever had a period in your life where you were isolating yourself?
- What do you say to people who have fulfilled their purpose and don’t know what’s next?
- What’s the next level for you that freaks you out?
- Can you expand on how to have the courage to step into something new?
Cathy Heller is a fire hose of inspiration. She’s the host of the popular podcast Don’t Keep Your Day Job, which was given the #1 spot on iTunes recommend list of shows for the New Year in 2018 and 2019.
Each week Cathy encourages thousands and thousands of listeners to find more purpose in their life and get paid to do what they love full time. Cathy’s show has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur Magazine, HuffPost, the NY Times and Inc Magazine, and has 9 million downloads. She’s been featured several times by Apple themselves and the fans are resonating with how genuine she is. Throughout the show, she has interviewed creative entrepreneurs like actress Jenna Fischer, popular blogger Seth Godin, designer Jonathan Adler, make up artist Bobbi Brown, dancer Mandy Moore, Jimmy Choo co-founder Tamara Mellon, fitness expert Jillian Michaels, Starbucks’s Howard Schultz, and Gretchen Rubin to name a few.
Cathy’s book Don’t Keep Your Day job is coming out in November with Macmillan. It’s filled with inspirational stories from people within her own tribe who have decided to take control of their life’s journey. Her book goes into detail about how to find the work you were meant to do, how to grow your business, and level up your quality of life all around.
She is a phenomenal coach for creative entrepreneurs and she’s helping people everywhere find a deeper sense of purpose and add their gifts to the world. Cathy often says “purpose is the opposite of depression” and she is truly lifting others to be the happiest version of themselves.