554. Start your passion business – with Dianna Cohen
In the episode you will hear about:
- Making luxury haircare products accessible and affordable
- Knowing your customers
- Finding your why
- Not being nostalgic about how things were
- Raising capital versus building community
- Getting in front of influential people
I first met Dianna Cohen at a Create & Cultivate dinner and I was immediately drawn to her energy. She’s the founder of luxury haircare brand Crown Affair, and before that, she founded the brand marketing agency Levitate. She’s so incredibly generous and willing to jump on a phone to help you, whether you’re looking to grow as a business or as a human being.
- What were you thinking when you were first choosing what your career would look like?
- If you were launching your product now, what are the most important lessons you would want to know?
- What’s one of the toughest lessons you’ve had to learn?
- How did you go about raising money for your business?
- What is a question you wish more people who wanted to start a business would ask you?
- What’s the toughest thing about having a team?
- How do you connect with the people you need to if you aren’t even on their radar?
Dianna Cohen is the Founder of Crown Affair, a haircare brand empowering people to redefine their relationship with their hair through accessible luxury products, guidance, and community. Prior to Crown Affair, Dianna founded Levitate, a brand marketing agency, where she led initiatives for brands including The Wing, Harry’s, Flamingo, Outdoor Voices, etc. Dianna is part of Forbes’ 30 Under 20 for the Class of 2019. She currently resides in New York with her fiancé Alexander.