787. How One Simple Habit Can Give You Back Control of Your Life with Mel Robbins
In the episode you will hear about:
- Helping others through your own experiences
- Feeling the weight of the world on your shoulders
- Asking yourself what you need
- Why you need to give The High 5 Habit a shot
- How your relationship with yourself is the foundation of every other relationship
- Why being hard on yourself isn’t working
I have been obsessed with Mel Robbins for longer than I can remember, so it’s a dream come true to be able to sit down with her and talk to her about The High 5 Habit. We’re all quick to give our friends high fives, cheer them on, be their biggest supporters… but what about the person in the mirror? When do we ever give ourselves a high five? And what would happen if we made a habit of it? That’s what Mel’s going to share, and let me tell you, it will absolutely change the game for you.
My friend Mel Robbins, one of the most requested motivational speakers in the world, is hosting a five-day online challenge on GrowthDay called The High 5 Challenge. She’s offering it to my community for free here:https://app.growthday.com/challenge/high5?via=heylori
This free Challenge is an incredible opportunity to break through self-doubt, stay encouraged through these uncertain times, and take back control of your life.
The High 5 Challenge runs from October 4th to October 8th. You can sign up now for free, and you’ll even get Mel teaching LIVE every day until the start of the Challenge!
- Where did you learn the ability to offer up such powerful perspective changes with so much love?
- What did it feel like keeping everything inside and how did it manifest for you?
- What is The High 5 Habit?
- Does it ever feel like you won’t be able to achieve what you want if you show yourself love?
- What has this habit unlocked for you?
Mel Robbins is one of the leading voices in personal development and transformation and an international bestselling author. Her work includes the global phenomenon The 5 Second Rule, the upcoming The High 5 Habit, four #1 bestselling audiobooks, and the #1 podcast on Audible, as well as signature online courses that have changed the lives of more than half a million students worldwide.
Her groundbreaking work on behavioral change has been translated into 36 languages and is used by healthcare professionals, veterans’ organizations, and the world’s leading brands to inspire people to be more confident, effective, and fulfilled.
As one of the most widely booked and followed public speakers in the world, Mel coaches more than 60 million people online every month, and videos featuring her work have more than a billion views online, including her TEDx talk, which is one of the most popular of all time.
There’s nothing Mel loves more than making a real difference in people’s lives by teaching them to believe in themselves and inspiring them to take the actions that will change their lives. Mel lives in New England with her husband of 25 years and their three kids, but she is and will always be a Midwesterner at heart.