Fool-Me-Not Squash & Cheese
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked
- ½ Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. Lori Harder’s Italian Turkey Sausage (Click HERE or see Notes below for recipe!)
- 4 oz. low-fat shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 oz. low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all-natural or use Our Bread Crumbs (see cookbook for recipe!)
- ½ Tbsp. salt
- ½ Tbsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash length-wise and remove the “guts” so only the meat of the squash is left.
- Rub olive oil into the insides of the squash, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, place both sides of the squash, face down, on sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the squash shreds easily with a fork.
- Shred the spaghetti squash. Then combine all ingredients and transfer to a non-stick sprayed casserole dish.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Lori Harder’s Italian Turkey Sausage
- 16 oz. lean ground turkey
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. fennel seed
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. smoky paprika
- ¼ tsp. ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in frying pan. Add the ground turkey and all seasonings, and cook until well done. Chop turkey, while frying, into hamburger consistency.