Summer Kale Salad
- 4-6 cups kale leaves, chopped without spine
- 1 can water chestnuts, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup Asiago cheese
- Dash hot pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- 2 4-6 oz. chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup shredded cabbage – purple or yellow
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 4 T. olive oil
- In a lightly sprayed frying pan, add garlic and salt. Then sauté chicken, pine nuts and green onion until cooked through or lightly browned.
- In a separate bowl, combine kale, water chestnuts, hot pepper flakes, mint, strawberries, cabbage and carrots.
- For the dressing, in a blender or Magic Bullet, combine olive oil, lemon juice, 2 garlic cloves, Asiago cheese and a dash of pepper and salt. Blend until smooth and pour over kale mixture. Let stand at least 5 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients including chicken, and mix well.
Feel free to do this with shrimp, tofu or just serve plain. It’s delish!