Veggie Bacon Potato Salad
- 1.5 lbs. new red potatoes
- 24 oz. frozen cauliflower
- 4 slices natural, nitrate-free bacon
- 3/4-1 c. green onion, diced
- 6 radishes (cut in half lengthwise and sliced thin)
- 1 c. celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/2 c. good white balsamic vinegar (or rice wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1-2 Tbsp. coconut sugar or sugar (depending on desired sweetness and strength of vinegar, you may add a dash more)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil potatoes (with skin on) until tender.
- Cook cauliflower in microwave until tender per directions on package.
- Dice bacon and fry in non-stick pan. Remove bacon bits from pan and save the bacon grease.
- Add radishes, celery and green onion to pan with bacon grease and cook for 1-2 minutes or until they reach a tender crisp.
- Chop cooked potatoes (with skin on) and cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix potatoes, cauliflower, veggies from bacon pan, chopped hard-boiled eggs, half of the chives and half of the bacon bits. Salt and pepper to taste
- In the bacon pan, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, dill weed and sugar, and warm through; stir until sugar dissolves, and oil and vinegar is well blended.
- Pour oil and vinegar mixture over the potato salad and mix well. Add more salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Transfer potato salad to a serving dish. Sprinkle top with remaining chives and bacon.
- Serve at room temperature.
Start typing and press enter to search