Zesty Chocolate Orange Bites
- 4 T. freshly grated orange zest
- 1/2 c. baking truvia (make sure it is BAKING truvia) or you may use 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves (I put cloves in my magic bullet because I did not have the ground powder on hand)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 sheets thawed Phyllo dough – found in the freezer section (I used organic)
- Cooking spray or coconut spray
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Take your 4 sheets of phyllo dough and cut them in half long ways into 8 rectangular shaped pieces.
- Take first piece and lightly spray with cooking spray and place second piece on top.
- In a bowl mix together orange zest, sugar and spices.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the orange & spice mixture over the entire piece of phyllo.
- Start rolling phyllo up long ways so that you have a longer log shaped tube.
- Cut log gently into 8 bite size pieces.
- You should be able to form 4 logs (32 bites all together) and divide mixture among them evenly.
- Place pieces on sprayed cookie sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Let cool completely.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, heat 1/4 c. chocolate chips for 90 seconds or until melted. This will be HOT!
- Stir chocolate until smooth.
- Spoon chocolate into a Ziplock baggie and cut a tiny piece off the corner so you can squeeze the chocolate on to each bite.
- Put in fridge and let chocolate harden.
Start typing and press enter to search