Zucchini Sweet Potato Buns
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded (1 ½ cups)
- 1 medium peeled sweet potato, shredded (1 ½ cups)
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic gloves, minced
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, butter or ghee (clarified butter)
- Shred zucchini and sweet potatoes and place in separate bowls. Sprinkle with salt and let sit for 5-10 min. Then squeeze out as much liquid as possible – this step is important.
- Combine the shredded zucchini and sweet potatoes and the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat oil on a griddle or large pan on medium high heat.
- Once heated drop ¼ cup portions of zucchini sweet potato batter onto hot griddle. Flatten with spatula.
- Let cook on each side for about 7 minutes or until cook through and golden brown.
- Take off griddle.
Start typing and press enter to search